Shon Cook Law, PC
Serving Muskegon, Ottawa, Kent, Oceana, And Surrounding Communities
CALL TODAY! 231-246-4807
Menu / Navigate

January 2014 Archives


Friend of the Court is an administrative agency that is heavily involved in all family law cases involving minor children, but few people know who they are, or what they do before they step through the door of their office for the first time. Just whose friend are they, whose best interest are they looking out for, and why do I need to talk to them at all? These might be just a few of the questions you have if you're facing a family law matter for the first time, which can be one of the most uncertain and traumatic events in life. Hopefully the information below takes away some of that uncertainty, however, feel free to contact our office if you have any further questions.


Obtaining legal rights for an unmarried father in Michigan is not as simple as being on the birth certificate. An unwed father must prove to a Judge he is the father before he can be given any rights to custody or parenting time.


One of the hardest decisions that we make in our lives is whether to honor our vows and stay married or move out of a relationship that is destructive. It is a decision that is emotional and scarey. Reaching that decision should be done with the proper resources.


Shon Cook Law, PC
120 E Slocum St
Whitehall, MI 49461-1044

Phone: 231-246-4807
Fax: 231-894-0911
Whitehall Law Office Map

Contact Shon Cook Law, PC

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Back to Top