Skillful Representation In Family Law Matters
Sooner or later, family law matters touch nearly every individual and family in some way. Times of transition, such as divorce and modification of child custody, can be stressful and worrisome, as well as pivotal for the future. It is important to get a lawyer’s knowledgeable advice in cases involving:
- All aspects of divorce processes, including property division and division of retirement assets
- High-end, complex divorces involving business assets and multimillion-dollar properties
- Division of real estate, including the marital home, vacation homes and investment properties
- Parenting time (custody and visitation) and child support, including enforcement and modifications
- Adoption, including stepparent adoptions, intrafamily adoptions and other private adoptions
- Grandparents’ rights and legal remedies for grandparents who take on parental roles
- Spousal support, also known as alimony
- Family matters affecting same-sex couples, including premarital agreements, postnuptial agreements, cohabiting agreements and dissolutions, divorce and co-parenting
- Resolution of Friends of the Court issues
- Modifications of court orders
Our Founder And Principal Family Law Attorney
Family law attorneys Shon Cook and Eric Stevens have built this family law practice through authentic caring and relating to clients. They treat each one with respect, while listening carefully and collaborating with clients to discover realistic solutions. Clients soon realize they genuinely care about the outcomes and their effects on real people’s lives. “She is a different kind of lawyer,” they say — a true advocate.
Shon Cook has been practicing family law for 25 years, using methods that include negotiations, mediation and litigation. She is a certified mediator. She often handles high-end, complex divorces involving multimillion-dollar properties and difficult custody and support issues. She also handles many family law matters for working-class people, serving the full spectrum of clients found in Muskegon County, Ottawa County and surrounding areas.
Finally, Shon trains family law attorneys throughout the state at seminars, trainings and conferences. She has authored numerous articles about mediation and litigation and is a recognized speaker on family law issues. She also frequently attends trainings to maintain her knowledge and skill level.
Let Us Know About Your Family Law Needs
Shon Cook Law, PC, is a valuable resource for individuals and couples seeking family law counsel. Schedule a consultation with no further obligation. Reach us by calling 231-246-4807 or sending an email inquiry through this website. In addition to in-person and phone consultations, we can communicate via Skype or FaceTime for your convenience.